Release Notes - Data Layer Manager
- Initial release to public
- Added filter so that no event is dispatched if "event" key does not exist.
- Added filter so that computedState is based only on event objects
- Fixed issue regarding the handling of events pushed prior to DLM init
- Add computedState to __meta of each pushed event
- Added getter _computedStateAtIndex(index)
- Added getter _computedStateAtItem(item)
- Added Event : Data Layer Push
- Added Data Element : Context Aware
- Removed eventPrefix from extension configuration ( superfluous )
- Removed triggerNodeId from extension configuration ( superfluous )
- Added ability to centrally configure event names
- Added deep links to techdocs.searchdiscovery.com in the header of every view
- Refreshed header styling
- Added unlock indicator for Pro Features
- Pro Feature added - JSON schema based payload validation
- Ability to provide a JSON schema for validation of each named event
- Pro Configuration : Airbrake API Key / Project ID
- Pro Feature added - Event Transformer Functions
- Pro Feature added - Action : Reset Data Layer
- Pro Feature added - Configuration : Reset Data Layer before Named Event
- Included Adobe Exchange Listing URL in manifest
- Tweaked log messaging for Context Aware Data Element
- Cosmetic changes only. No functional changes made.
- Updated Airbrake calls to include the event payload for easier debugging.
- Updated Airbrake calls to include Launch Environment to align with Airbrake tracking of Launch deployments.
- Added pretty print to JSON schemas on extension configuration view.
- Added support for validation of events pushed prior to DLM init.
- Event validation is now asynchronous.
- Added ability to use deep references (xxx.yyy.data-layer-object) when specifying Data Layer Root on main config view.
- Added new node to the managed data layer,
_managedBy, which points to these docs and provides an easy way to know if Data Layer Manager has been applied to a data layer array.
- Implemented a process to detect when a managed data layer has been overwritten or deleted. If this situation is detected, an error message is sent to the console.
- The option dropdown field on Data Layer Push event configuration was been widened to show more information.
- Detailed logging has been moved from
logger.debug. To see detailed logging select "Verbose" in the log level setting of the developer console.
- Added a console message letting the viewer know that more detailed info can be seen by enabling Verbose log levels.
- Fixed an edge-case in the extension UI for the Data Layer Push Event.
- Added sharedModule to expose settings to other extensions at runtime.
- Upgraded Airbrake client library version from v1.6.4 to v1.6.7 (Pro Mode only)
- Improved error handling for unresolved promises from loadScript (Pro Mode only)
- Hotfix for an issue accidentally introduced in v1.2.13. (no functional changes)
- Changed tv4.js from a hosted lib to a built-in module to avoid creating the tv4 object at global scope. This was done as a response to a runtime incompatibility between RequireJS and tv4 (v1.0.3).
- Changed airbrake.js from a hosted lib to a module loaded via turbine.getSharedModule. The shared module provider is the
Airbrake JS NotifierLaunch extension.
- Added the ability to specify which (if any) Launch environments will run JSON schema validation on event payloads. This enables a new ability to run validations in production.
- Cleaned up UI of extension configuration view.
- The error message,
Missing Dependency: Airbrake JS Notifier Launch extension,was being shown for people using the free version of DLM. Logic was added to present this message only for Pro-mode users who have configured the Airbrake integration but not included the Airbrake extension on the Launch property.
Missing Dependency: Airbrake JS Notifier Launch extensionmessage was downgraded from
warnsince the condition is gracefully handled.
tv4.jswas refactored to become a commonJS module (fix for issues reported in dojo.js and Magento).
- Unnecessary polyfills were removed from
tv4.js, shedding 3.5Kb of vestigial code.
- Updates to UI (Changed to Vue.js, Updated color scheme)
- Added upfront pricing and self-service subscription management.
- Added Click Event Detection for CTA, Download, Exit, and Internal Anchors.
- Added Global Pre Processor and Global Post Processor events.
- Resolved issues around the management of JSON schemas (Pro mode feature) on the extension configuration view.
- Updated an internal library to prevent a console error message when access to localStorage is prevented due to browser security settings.
- Removed pagination from the Events list on the main configuration view.
- Convert DOM Element fields to unique CSS selectors within computedState.
- Updated references of
- Updated documentation on configuration page
- Removed pagination from events list on configuration page
- Includes v2.0.7 internal release
- Made "Reset before" Setting available for non-pro users.
- Made "Reset Data Layer" Action available for non-pro users.
- Resolved uncaught error when a Context-Aware Data Element is referenced prior to DLM Init.
- Added ability to delay DLM initialization until a consent cookie is detected.
- Resolved issue where non-DLM errors were occasionally being sent to Airbrake.
- Restructured the syntax of messages that are sent to Airbrake for more convenient aggregation and reporting.
- Stripped 'key' field from settings.evenNames[n] to avoid unnecessary revisions in Launch when no actual changes are made.
- Added a caching mechanism (sessionStorage in assets.adobedtm.com iframe) for license information to speed up the UI.
- Added ability for Apollo users to host validation schemas in the cloud rather than building them into extensionSettings.
- Resolved issue 'Failed to read the 'sessionStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied for this document.' on Chrome when 'Block 3rd Party Cookies' is enabled.
- Updated licensing SDK that improves UI performance by caching subscription info in sessionStorage.
- Added Ui Element click event detection
- Fixed minor issue with click event detection settings
- Added options for Context-Aware Data Elements to translate boolean values to string values '1' or '0'. Also added translation option to map undefined to '0'.